For our more active guests, a gentle self-guided walking trail on Zizi’s property, Bushbuck walking trail, provides an ideal opportunity to explore and enjoy the picturesque scenery and diverse wildlife including the resident bush buck, blue duiker and grey duiker population that inhabits the property.
Our birdhouse provides the perfect opportunity to view the prolific birdlife and dam with its' diverse residents. Zizi is home to over 86 recorded bird species.
Try your luck catching fish at Zizi’s dam will provides for hours of entertainment. Zizi’s dam is fed by underground fountain and make part of the greater protected pristine indigenous grasslands
and coastal forest of Leisure Bay.
Let us pack you a picnic basket for an idyllic spot near the dam where you can unwind, relax and enjoy the beautiful living nature around you.
Or simply just relax at our pool and deck area.
Zizi lodge, situated in Leisure Bay, offers visitors a variety of activities in the surrounding areas, all in a radius of 2 – 30km! Leisure Bay itself has a choice of three pristine, shark protected beaches. All of which are patrolled by lifeguards during school holiday periods.
Zizi Lodge is close to two of the three Quaint and Quirkey Beaches: Kidds Beach as well as Peter Pan Beach in Leisure Bay.
Nature lovers are also spoilt for choice and can visit the Trafalgar Marine Reserve with its 90 million year old fossil beds which make a truly awesome snorkelling experience, or visit the Mpenjati Nature Reserve which encompasses 66 hectares of unspoiled beach and dune forests, home to blue duiker, grey duiker and bush buck.
Other nature based activities in the area include a visit to Umtamvuma Nature Reserve where a nesting colony of Cape Vultures can be found among the high cliffs that run along the river, a hike through the Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve or a leisurely drive through the Vernon Crookes Nature Reserve.
- Go wild at the Wild5 Adventures: Wild Swing, Slide, Abseiling or Paintball
- Or slide across the Lake Eland on a Zip line
- The KwaZulu–Natal South Coast is widely known as the “Golf Coast” and Zizi Lodge is therefore not surprisingly located within easy drive to no fewer than eight amazing golf courses.
- Further activities in the area include: The famous and spectacular yearly sardine run between June and August!
- Watch the whales play in the water during their yearly migration to our warmer waters where the mothers would give birth before they return to the colder Antarctic waters.
- deep sea fishing, cross country cycling, horse riding, hiking, casino and a host of arts & craft shops to visit, shark diving.
- Experience daily farm tours of close by Beaver Creek Coffee Estate & Roastery farm, a mere 9km away.
- Visit the South Coast’s most famous Riverbend Crocodile Farm around the corner.
- Enjoy the colourful world of indigenous butterflies flying freely at Butterfly Valley.
- Visit a unique reptile farm at Pure Venom
- Catch some fish at the Famous fisherman’s watering hole.
- Make use of the many deepsea charters or cruises for your ocean excursions from Port Edward, only 7km away!
- Go taste a delicious Belgian waffle at the Waffle House in Ramsgate.